Gee thanks for pointing that out, it never would have occurred to me otherwise. The word is a noun AND an adjective but that’s not the fucking point.
It’s about choosing to use the word “fat” as a word to DESCRIBE your body (as an adjective, obviously) without carrying with it all the negative connotations that are tied to the word. Bodies have fat, yes, but when I identify as fat and describe my body as fat, I should be able to do so without also inadvertently putting myself down.
Pro-tip: Definitely post things on the internet when you want everyone to get really weird about perceived messages and language. Damn.
Edit: Just noticed this is coming from a thinspo/fitspo blog, I don’t know I just saw a lot of body and health-shaming and then quickly exited the window. Figures.
I can’t believe how much asshattery you have to put up with. Why do people continue to think this is clever?
Fast times on the internet, ya’ll.
- ravennight14 reblogged this from glossophiliqueer
- glossophiliqueer reblogged this from redefiningbodyimage
- pye-in-the-sky likes this
- redefiningbodyimage reblogged this from reluctantlyrachel and added:
- greenassin reblogged this from redefiningbodyimage
- reluctantlyrachel reblogged this from redefiningbodyimage and added:
- she-dances-alone likes this
- spider-flaps reblogged this from redefiningbodyimage
- redefiningbodyimage posted this